Water & Flood Awareness (WFA) – Defra Module 1
A classroom based course designed to provide personnel who may be working near water with sufficient knowledge to be aware of the hazards created by this environment and develop an understanding of water rescue techniques.
- Water rescue standards
- Rescuer safety
- Water and flood dynamics and hazards
- Flood theory
- Personal and team equipment
- On-scene safety briefing and site control
- Pre-planning and incident management
- Drowning, medical and personal welfare considerations
- Mud, ice and unstable surface considerations
• Minimum of 16 years of age on the date training.
• Minimum Guided Learning Hours – 6.
This is a one day course.
Holders of this qualification are strongly advised to update their knowledge by attending a three hour update at least once
every three years.
If you would like to book a place on this course or receive further information click on contact us.