This course aims to provide a national qualification that meets international standards for professional lifeguarding for a Lifeguard who may be required to operate in surf conditions.
Course Units and Contents:
- Fitness Test and Releases.
- Lifeguard Skills, Knowledge & Rescue
- Life Support
- First Aid
- Minimum of 16 years of age on the date of assessment.
- Minimum Guided Learning Hours – 40 hours prior to assessment.
- Be able to swim 400 metres in 7.5 minutes.
- 200 metres run in 40 seconds.
This Course runs for 6 days, over 40 guided learning hours prior to assessment, with an assessment on the 6th day.
24 months from the date of the assessment, with the option of taking a Lifeguard proficiency test prior to the expiry date and every 12 months thereafter to maintain status.
If you would like to book a place on this course or receive further information click on contact us.