- Technical knowledge
- General knowledge
- General Operations
- Hazards and surf survival
- Rescue techniques
- Casualty management and evacuation
- Patrol, search and craft assistance
- Minimum of 18 years of age on the date of assessment.
- Hold a valid SLSGB Beach Lifeguard qualification or recognised national/international equivalent.
- Hold a valid IRB Crewperson qualification (or internationally recognised equivalent).
- Minimum Guided Learning Hours – 20 hours prior to assessment.
12 months from the date of assessment. A relevant SLSGB IRB proficiency must be completed to maintain validity on an annual basis.
This course runs for 5 days in total, this will include 20 hours afloat (including 10 hours in surf, greater than 1 metres high, where conditions allow to gain ‘Surf Endorsement’). An assessment will take place on the 5th day.
If you would like to book a place on this course or receive further information click on contact us.