This course aims to provide a standard for the operation of an Inshore Rescue Boat as a Crewperson.
- Technical knowledge
- General knowledge
- General Operations
- Hazards and surf survival
- Rescue techniques
- Casualty management and evacuation
- Patrol, search and craft assistance
- Minimum of 17 years of age on the date of assessment.
- Hold a valid SLSGB Beach Lifeguard qualification or recognised national/international equivalent.
- Minimum Guided Learning Hours – 20 hours prior to assessment.
12 months from the date of assessment. A relevant SLSGB IRB proficiency must be completed to maintain validity on an annual basis.
This course runs for 4 days in total, this will include 10 hours afloat (including five hours in surf, greater than 1 metres high, where conditions allow to gain ‘Surf Endorsement’). An assessment will take place on the 4th day.
If you would like to book a place on this course or receive further information click on contact us.
Testimonial: Mr C Wiltshire
“The Inshore Rescue Boat Crew course was a very good course. I found the ratio between practical and theory sessions where perfect to learn all that I needed to know to pass the course. The facilities and equipment where outstanding and were much more then I was expecting for a voluntary organisation. I found that everything I needed was there from a cup of tea to all the equipment I needed. I really enjoyed the whole experience and will be coming back to Seaford Lifeguards for future training.”