Operational members are the Lifeguards that provide Seaford beach with the United Kingdoms number one voluntary Lifeguard service, Patrolling the beach from May to September. Operational members are expected to train once a week and complete various training courses.
There are four stages to becoming an operational member of Seaford Lifeguards.
- Enquire, get in contact via our contact form and arrange a visit.
- Complete and submit the written application form inducing two suitable references and a CRB check*
- Interview, including the submission of any relevant certificates
- Run test, 200m in 60 seconds or less
- Mentor allocation, we will pair you up with an experienced member throughout the process.
- 2 Trial patrol days (or training sessions if out of season)
- 2 Training sessions to gain a basic life support qualification (heart start certificate issued)
- Committee decision
- Membership payment due
- Full operational member of Seaford Lifeguards**
*CRB, Criminal Records Bureau check, mandatory if over 16.
**Seaford Lifeguards reserve the right to terminate a membership without hearing within the first 6 months.
Please download our Operational Membership Form here.
We’re always looking for new members and we’re always keen to hear from anybody who’s interested in joining!