SEAFORD LIFEGUARDS OPERATIONAL MEMBERSHIP
RECRUITMENT WINDOW OPEN
Operational members are the Lifeguards that provide Seaford beach with the United Kingdom’s number one voluntary Lifeguard service; patrolling the beach from May to September.
Operational members are open to train once a week and have to attend at least one training session every quarter. Currently, training is every Thursday at 1800hrs-2000hrs at HQ. Training days are reviewed often and are updated to reflect the majority of membership, so don’t worry if you can’t do Thursdays.
The operational membership is open to applicants over the age of 14 on the date of membership being due. We’re currently recruting for new members that are interested in becoming a Beach Lifeguards. We will train you over the winter period for the start of the season in 2018. However, we’re always looking for people to help with the running and maintaining of the organisation, so still get in contact if you’re interested in joining.
There are five steps to becoming an operational member of Seaford Lifeguards.
Step 1: Application
- Get in contact through the form below
- Once we’ve received your enquiry we will send you all the necessary documents to get involved. Once you’ve completed them we will then invite you to interview with one of our senior members and the Chairman or Vice Chairman of the organisation.
Step 2: Interview
- Interview, including the submission of any relevant certificates.
- Run test, 200m in 60 seconds or less
- Mentor allocation, we will pair you up with an experienced member throughout the process.
- Trial patrol days (or training sessions if out of season)
- Committee decision
- Membership payment due
- Full operational member of Seaford Lifeguards**
*DBS check, mandatory if over 16 and are carried out by the organisation.
**Seaford Lifeguards reserve the right to terminate a membership without hearing within the first 6 months.
If you have any questions about the joining process please contact us.
We’re always looking for new members and we’re always keen to hear from anybody who’s interested in joining!