A professional qualification for lifeguards employed or voluntarily work on the beach.
Course Units and Contents:
- Fitness Test and Releases.
- Lifeguards Skills, Knowledge and Rescue.
- Life Support.
- First Aid.
- Minimum of 16 years of age on the date of assessment.
- Minimum Guided Learning Hours – 40 hours prior to assessment.
- Be able to swim 400 metres in eight minutes.
- 200 metres run, 200 metres swim, 200 metres run within eight minutes (this time can be increased at the discretion of the Assessor and will be subject to the conditions on the day).
This Course runs for 6 days, over 40 guided learning hours prior to assessment, with an assessment on the 6th day.
24 months from the date of the assessment, with the option of taking a proficiency test prior to the expiry date and every 12 months thereafter.
If you would like to book a place on this course or receive further information click on contact us.